Subject: REMINDER: DHC WG Last Call on draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-07.txt

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:45:44 -0700 (PDT)

This message is a reminder about a DHC WG last call on "Detection of
Network Attachment (DNA) in IPv4" <draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-07.txt>.  The
last call will conclude at 5PM EDT on 2004-06-25 (this Friday).

Please respond to this DHC WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Messages should be sent to the
DHCP WG mailing list, [email-masked].

draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-07.txt addresses the problem of detecting
attachment to an IPv4 network.  The time required to detect movement
(or lack of movement) between subnets, and to obtain (or continue to
use) a valid IPv4 address may be significant as a fraction of the
total delay in moving between points of attachment.  This
specification synthesizes experience garnered over the years in the
deployment of hosts supporting ARP, DHCP and IPv4 Link-Local
addresses, in order to optimize detection of network attachment by
mobile hosts.  This draft is available as

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-07.txt

The status of current open and resolved issues is available at:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/DNA/dnaissues.html