Subject: Draft-15.txt references

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:53:49 -0700

>Over the course of the next week, ending June 15, 2004, please
>review the latest internet draft specifying IPv4LL.  The goal is
>
> * to verify the changes we have agreed upon
> * to find any additional typographic or technical errors

Some final editorial comments on the references:

Is RFC 792 normative? (Is ICMP a required prerequisite to implementing 
IPv4LL?) I think not.

Is RFC 2434 normative? (Is knowing how to write an IANA Considerations 
Section a prerequisite to implementing IPv4LL?) I think not.

The informative references still include 802.1d and 1394 but the text 
that referenced them is now gone.

That's it.

Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer, Inc.
 * www.stuartcheshire.org

---

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:09:36 +0200 (CEST)

> Is RFC 792 normative? (Is ICMP a required prerequisite to implementing

It is normative because ICMP message fields are cited in section 3.3.

> Section a prerequisite to implementing IPv4LL?) I think not.

It is normative as we use terminology from this document in the IANA
considerations section, Section 8.

> that referenced them is now gone.

We can drop these references in that case.  Proposal:

---

Section 10.1

From:
[802.1d]  ISO/IEC 15802-3 Information technology - Telecommunications
          and information exchange between systems - Local and
          metropolitan area networks - Common specifications - Part 3:
          Media access Control (MAC) Bridges, (also ANSI/IEEE Std
          802.1D-1998), 1998.

To: <omit>

---

Section 10.1

From:
[1394]    Standard for a High Performance Serial Bus.  Institute of
          Electrical and Electronic Engineers, IEEE Standard 1394-1995,

To: <omit>

---

Best regards,

Erik