Subject: changes made between draft 10 and draft 11.

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:46:34 +0100

draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-11.txt is now available.

The latest draft of the IPv4 Link-Local Configuration specification
includes the following changes

LL35 Improve Abstract
LL37 Aggressive Time-outs
LL38 Remove vestigial link-local only device text
LL39 Remove multiple interface discussion from probe details
LL40 IPv4 LL does not alter the behavior of the DHCPv4 state machine

The following changes were also made, but without opening an issue or
issuing a last call.  These are assumed by the document editors to be
uncontroversial.  If you have any comments, by all means voice them.

1. Alex Elder suggested that additional constants be added
    for the following values:

  Text was:
    A host should maintain a counter of the number of address collisions
    it has experienced in the process of trying to acquire an address,
    and if the number of collisions exceeds ten then the host MUST limit
    the rate at which it probes for new addresses to no more than one new
    address per minute.

  Text becomes:

    A host should maintain a counter of the number of address collisions
    it has experienced in the process of trying to acquire an address,
    and if the number of collisions exceeds MAX_COLLISIONS then the host
    MUST limit the rate at which it probes for new addresses to no more
    than one new address per RATE_LIMIT_INTERVAL.

  Constants now include

    MAX_COLLISIONS        10
    RATE_LIMIT_INTERVAL   60 seconds

Erik