Subject: WG ACTION: ACCEPT [LL35] Improve Abstract]

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:50:34 +0100

LL35 has been accepted.  The abstract will be changed from

=== 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-10.txt
===

To participate in wide-area IP networking, a host needs to be
configured, either manually by the user or automatically from a
source on the network such as a DHCP server. Unfortunately, such
external configuration information may not always be available. It
is therefore beneficial for a host to be able to depend on a useful
subset of IP networking functions even when no configuration is
available. This document describes how a host may automatically
configure an interface with an IPv4 address within the 169.254/16
prefix that is valid for communication with other devices connected
to the same physical (or logical) link.

===
to
===

To participate in wide-area IP networking, a host needs to be
configured with IP addresses for its interfaces, either manually by
the user or automatically from a source on the network such as a
DHCP server. Unfortunately, such address configuration information
may not always be available. It is therefore beneficial for a host
to be able to depend on a useful subset of IP networking functions
even when no address configuration is available. This document
describes how a host may automatically configure an interface with
an IPv4 address within the 169.254/16 prefix that is valid for
communication with other devices connected to the same physical (or
logical) link.

===

Please see: http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/zeroconf/msg00002.html
And: http://www.drizzle.org/~aboba/ZEROCONF/ll35.html

Erik