Subject: LL32 - support

From: "Philip Nye" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:17:39 +0100

In general, I agree with the proposed change and with most of the tidying
comments made by others.

I think that the title "multiple interfaces" can be misleading to
implementers who think that they only have one physical connection. A note
should be placed immediately afterwards.

'These considerations apply whenever a host has multiple IP addresses
whether or not it has multiple physical interfaces. Other examples of
multiple interfaces include different logical endpoints (tunnels, virtual
private networks etc.) and multiple logical networks on the same physical
medium. This is often referred to as "multihoming".'

The sentence "This could be due to having more than one interface attached
to distinct physical networks, or due to support of a tunnel, virtual
private network, or some other interface termination at the host over a
single interface." could then be omitted from section 3.1

The title of 3.3 could be changed to:

"Interaction with hosts with routable addresses on local links"

Philip