Subject: WG Action - ACCEPT [LL21] Alternate text for: TTL=255 on send, check , on receive?

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:45:46 +0200 (CEST)

Note:  This reverses the wg consensus call on this issue from Reject to
Accept.

Action: 
 [LL21] Accept

Notes:
For detailed information about this consensus call, please see the
message on REJECT LL29.

After much discussion it became clear that there was not a consensus
for either LL3 or LL29.  It is clear that there is rough consensus
that we should at least give some advice, hence, add the following in
place of the first two paragraphs of section 2.7:

  ''A sensible default for applications which are sending from a
    link-local address is to explicitely set the IP TTL to 1.  This
    is not appropriate in all cases as some applications may require
    that the IP TTL be set to other values.''

Erik Guttman
ZEROCONF WG chair