Subject: Zero Conf in Wireless and Mobile Adhoc Networks

From: "Vijayanand Ballapuram" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:49:13 -0500

Hi All,

 am new member to this mailing list.
I am a student just started to work on Zero Configuration Protocols for
Wireless and Mobile Ad hoc Networks for my Thesis.

Please let me know research that have been done so far for “Establishing
Connectivity and other services” in Wireless Networks (with a Base Station)
and also Mobile Ahoc Networks( which are formed on the fly) with “minimum
human intervention”. Also, please point to papers published in this area and
research groups in Company/Universities working in this area.

I have read the Internet Draft on “Requirements for Automatic Configuration
of IP Hosts “ which states that the Zero Conf protocol can be applied to
only

·	Hosts in the same network.

·	Hosts in different networks connected by a single router/gateway.

So  I wanted to know whether Zero Conf protocols can be applied to Mobile Ad
Hoc Networks like Ships in a sea, in which ships connect and leave the
network dynamically and there is possibility of many gateways as each
ship/node needs a Gateway/router to connect with the neighbour nodes.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,