Subject: WG Action - 1 week to discuss [LL25] Delete inappropriate "send" requirement on LL nodes.

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:00:47 +0100 (CET)

This issue will be discussed for the next week, ending March 6, 2003.
Please send comments to the zeroconf mailing list.

Description of Issue  Delete inappropriate "send" requirement on LL
nodes.    Submitter Name  Subrata Goswami    Submitter Email Address
[email-masked]    Date first submitted  11 Feb 03    Reference  none
Comment Type ['T'echnical | 'E'ditorial]  T    Priority ['S' Must fix |
'1' Should fix | '2' May fix ]  S    Section  2.6
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

Delete the following statements

".. The host MUST NOT send the
packet to any router for forwarding."
Lengthy description of problem: Section 2.6 requires the following of an
LL node at several places.

".. The host MUST NOT send the
packet to any router for forwarding."

The nodes on a link should not have the responsibility of determining
whether the router can forward a packet or not. 

Requested Change: 

Delete the following statements (throughout the document) 

".. The host MUST NOT send the packet to any router for forwarding."

---

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:22:02 +0700

Reject LL25.   The reason given makes no sense to me.   The very
definition of LL is that all the addresses are on the link - there
is nothing for the nodes on the link to determine - it is all
defined for them.

kre