Subject: Organizational Changes

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:38:05 -0800

Recently I have been facing an ever-increasing workload, working with 
other groups internally within Apple, working with partners outside 
Apple, speaking engagements at conferences, etc. At the same time, the 
Zeroconf Working Group has moved into high gear, with over 800 messages 
in January alone, and another 300 so far this month.

I have come to realize that I cannot do everything that I want to do. 
Thankfully, help has been forthcoming.

Erik Guttman has offered to take on the full workload of Chairman of the 
Zero Configuration Working Group, so that I can step down from my 
co-chair position.

Daniel Senie has offered to take over the task of doing the remaining 
editing for draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal.

By passing on those responsibilities, I am freeing up more of my time to 
concentrate more on two of the things I consider most important: 
contributing to the technical content of the IPv4LL document, and working 
with Apple and other companies to make excellent products that use that 
technology.

My time as co-chair of Zeroconf has been rewarding. I have enjoyed 
working with the many smart people in this group, and have learnt a lot 
in the process. The process will continue and I am optimistic that we 
will succeed and publish a great specification.

Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer, Inc.
 * www.stuartcheshire.org

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:26:17 -0500

Stuart,

I'd like thank you for all the hard work you've put into zeroconf over
the last few years. You've put in a lot of time and hard work and I
think the WG has benefitted a lot from your efforts. I do hope you
will find time to continue contributing and encourage you to do
so. The IETF benefits greatly when we get good technical input,
especially when its coupled with experience from real deployments,
which is something you have provided.

As you've indicated, Erik has agreed to continue chairing the WG. In
addition, I'm pleased to be able to say that Daniel Senie has agreed
to take over the editing of the ipv4-linklocal document.

Also, as can be seen from the recent mailing list traffic, there is a
renewed effort at trying to bring the remaining work to closure. I
believe I speak for many when I say that I would really like to see
the LL document published as a Proposed Standard -- and soon! The
technology is already in use, and it appears to be useful. I continue
to believe that the document is 95% finished. We just need to find a
way to close on the remaining issues and complete the job we set out
to do. Let's all try and help Erik go through the open issues
one-by-one and come to a clear and satisfactory resolution on all of
them.

Thomas