Subject: [LL8] Is additional Routing Considerations text needed?

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:13:23 +0100 (CET)

[WG chair hat off]
I accept the issue (that none of the questions raised are 
left unanswered). 

I support the additional text supplied by Robert Elz in 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Routing Protocols

   The link local address block (169.254/16) MUST NOT be
   included as a reachable prefix in any dynamic routing protocol.
   Subnets of that address block (which should not exist - see sect N.M)
   MUST NOT be included either.

Responding to "s. goswami" <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:
<[email-masked]>
> So this also precludes a router between two 169.254/16 networks, 
> right ?

Yes, this is definitely precluded.  Addresses in this prefix are
*link-local.*

Erik