Subject: FYI... "Bar BoF" on Networked Appliances at IETF 49

From: "Simon Tsang (Telcordia Technologies)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:12:45 -0500

(resending this as I'm not sure it was distributed first time round - apologies
if this is a copy)

Folks,

The area of Networked Appliances has received much attention in recent months.
Networked Appliances of the future will be 'plug and play' and many will be
portable, raising a large number of architectural, protocol and configuration
issues.  Some of these issues have been highlighted in recent Internet Drafts
and these are available (with a FAQ) at the Networked Appliances web page at:

http://www.argreenhouse.com/iapp/

To enable further open discussion on this topic at IETF 49, there will be an
informal BoF at lunchtime on Tuesday (Dec. 12).  If you are interested in
attending, please reply to Stan Moyer ([email-masked]) or myself
([email-masked]).  We can plan to meet at noon in the terminal
room (or some other likely meeting place) and I (or Stan) will make reservations
at a nearby restaurant for the group (which is why your RSVP is necessary).

I hope to hear from you soon and to see you at the BoF.

Best Regards,
Simon

---------
Simon Tsang (Ph.D)
Research Scientist - Internet Service Management Research
Telcordia Technologies, Inc. ( http://www.telcordia.com )

E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: +1.973.829.4511   Fax: +1.973.829.5889
Post:  MCC 1A 264R, 445 South Street, Morristown, NJ 07960, USA.

---

From: "Simon Tsang (Telcordia Technologies)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:12:55 -0500

Folks,

Stan Moyer has a 10 minute slot at the Zeroconf WG meeting on Monday, 11 Dec in
which he will briefly talk about the topic of Networked Appliances.  I will also
be attending the session, and we will both be available for questions.  I look
forward to seeing you there.

Thanks,
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Tsang (Telcordia Technologies)
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 4:00 PM
To: ZeroConf mailing list
Cc: Stan Moyer; Dave Marples
Subject: FYI... "Bar BoF" on Networked Appliances at IETF 49

Folks,

Best Regards,
Simon

---------
Simon Tsang (Ph.D)