Subject: draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-00.txt

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 13:48:37 -0700

on 10/5/00 1:24 PM, Jared August wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I've been asked to research AutoIP...

In fact that is exactly what I've been working on this week. Erik Guttman
has been reminding me for some time to get a new draft submitted now that it
is an official work item on the Zeroconf charter.

I finished incorporating the last round of suggestions this morning, and
submitted the draft with its new official draft-ietf-zeroconf filename
today.

For eager people who can't wait for it to appear in the Internet Drafts
directory, you can get it right away at:
<http://web.zeroconf.org/draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-00.txt>

I'm hoping that we can get agreement on this and wrap it up rapidly.
Both Mac OS and Microsoft Windows have implemented 169.254/16 link-local
addresses for several years now, and every day we continue to debate the
finer points of this document is taking time away from the far more
important matter of getting IPv6 deployed.

Please send any comments to the list or to me directly and we can hopefully
finish this off and put it behind us.

Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>