Subject: IETF 48 ZEROCONF WG meeting agenda

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:28:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Folks,

Proposed WG meeting agenda

30  Discuss Requirements document

    We will have a new version of draft-ietf-zeroconf-reqts-xx.txt
    before the meeting.  We need to work out remaining issues with
    this document at the meeting.  

    Our goal is to have submitted the requirements document to 
    advance to Informational RFC well before IETF 49.

30  WG charter discussion

    We will also decide what to do next.  Options include 

      - concluding the WG

      - writing a profile document for the protocols which 
        exist which fulfill the requirements even though
        there are not standards track protocols corresponding
        to some of the zeroconf protocol requirements

      - charter new standardization work for protocols specified 
        by the requirements document but in the charter of any
        other WG.

        Work could include:

          . Multicast Address Allocation (currently has no home)
          . Address Allocation for IPv4 (currently has no home)
          . Security Bootstrapping for ZeroConf hosts (work has
            not even started)

        Multicast DNS will be a chartered item of the DNSEXT WG and
        Service Discovery is a chartered item of the SVRLOC WG.

Please send any requests for further topics/timeslots.

Erik