Subject: [xml2rfc] #337 (Version 2 cli): Deal better with time zones and non-specific dates

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 09:57:29 -0000

#337: Deal better with time zones and non-specific dates

 When xml2rfc is used through a web service or as part of the datatracker
 submission tool, the client may be in a different time zone than the
 server, which can cause trouble with the <date> element when the month
 shifts:

 From the automated draft submission:

 {{{
 Validation Error: {'document_date': [u'Document date must be within 3 days
 of submission date']}
 }}}

 It's December in this part of the planet, soon to be all of the planet,
 but clearly it's still November whereever the server is running. The draft
 contains a date field as so:

 {{{
 <date year="2017" month="December"/>
 }}}

 Arguably the date is correct.

-- 
--------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                    |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli             |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                            |
--------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/337>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>