Subject: [xml2rfc] v3 Format tools discussion

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:21:14 -0700

Hi all,

Sorry it took a while. I've worked with Tony to revive the old
xml2rfc-dev list (https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc-dev) as
a place where discussion around v3 tooling issues can happen (until such
time as the tools go into production and become the default). My concern
is that trying to have v2 tools AND v3 tools discussion on the
xml2rfc@ietf list is too confusing and will miss some of the key authors
on the v3 -bis drafts.

One of the goals for discussion on xml2rfc-dev is to create well
formatted issues to feed back into the -bis process for the various
requirements documents, which will be posted in the appropriate github
repository for tracking (see https://github.com/rfc-format for the
pointers to all the -bis drafts).

Thank you all for your interest and support!

-Heather

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 20:27:58 +0200

Hi Heather,

Thank you for this.  I'm currently working on the v2v3 converter, and
I've just run into something I'd like to ask about.  Will do so there :-)

Best regards,

	Henrik

On 2017-06-23 18:21, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc
>

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:56:24 +0200

> I've just run into something I'd like to ask about.  Will do so there :-)

FWIW, prep-xml2rfc.xslt attempts some v2->v3 conversion as well. It 
would be interesting to compare notes and test results...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:23:52 +0200

Hi Julian

> would be interesting to compare notes and test results...

Indeed.  I'll ping you when I think my version is feature complete (handles
all deprecations mentioned in the RFC in what I believe is the appropriate
way).

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:49:17 +0200

> all deprecations mentioned in the RFC in what I believe is the appropriate

...for some parts that'll be tricky, such as table styles :-)

Let me know when you want to try prep-xml2rfc and can't get it to run...

Best regards, Julian