Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #308 (Version 2 cli): Wrong links for <eref/> elements

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 20:24:13 -0000

#308: Wrong links for <eref/> elements

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 The immediate issue here is that the html version on tools.ietf.org is
 generated from the text draft, not from the xml.  However, the workaround
 of using xrefs and symrefs="yes" (which is also the default) should result
 in the bracketed reference string being rendered as the rfc string
 instead, which in turn will result in it being converted to a link to the
 document by the rfcmarkup script that creates that html version.

 In other words: This is not an issue with the xml2rfc program, it's an
 issue resulting from the fact that the tools.ietf.org/html/ documents are
 generated from the text version.

-- 
----------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect               |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  critical             |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli        |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  invalid              |   Keywords:
----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/308#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>