Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #293 (Version 2 cli html): dubious HTML output for <xref>...</xref>

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 19:27:56 -0000

#293: dubious HTML output for <xref>...</xref>

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Fixed in [2311]:

 Merged in [2248] from [email-masked]: The HTML
 rendering for <xref> elements were inconsistent with the text rendering.
 Fixed this by doing something completely different than is called for in
 the bug report:

 We follow the layout of what the V3 HTML document says to do.  This
 means that we use the child text of the xref when it exists to the
 exclusion of any generated text.  When the child text does not exist
 then we use the synthesized text string as the text for the anchor
 element.  In all cases the anchor element is emitted with an href of the
 target.

 Uses of the \'cite\' node are removed as they did not seem to be useful.

 In a step forward we emit a class on the a node of \'xref\' per the V3
 HTML document. Fixes issue #293.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli html     |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed                  |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/293#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>