Subject: [xml2rfc] #328 (Version 2 build): Missing document title raises exception

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 02:52:20 -0000

#328: Missing document title raises exception

 So, I fumbled an edit and had this in my source file:

 <title abbrev="Silly Me"/>

 No problem when generating txt output, but when generating html it hits
 the exception below, which made diagnosis hard ;-).

 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 11, in <module>
     sys.exit(main())
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc-2.5.2.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/run.py", line 213, in main
     htmlwriter.write(filename)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc-2.5.2.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/base.py", line 1237,
 in write
     self.post_rendering()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc-2.5.2.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/html.py", line 790,
 in post_rendering
     'title':           cgi.escape(title),
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/cgi.py", line 1043, in escape
     s = s.replace("&", "&amp;") # Must be done first!
 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

-- 
-----------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                       |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  medium                       |     Status:  new
Component:  Version 2 build              |  Milestone:
 Keywords:                               |    Version:  2.5.x
-----------------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/328>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>