Subject: [xml2rfc] Links in bibliographic items in the HTML version

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:45:31 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to include a reference that's neither an RFC nor an I-D (see 
XML below). The output looks just fine, except that no matter what I do, 
the title is not wrapped in an "a" element in the HTML output, i.e. it 
is not a link, even though I supplied a target URL. Am I missing something?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<reference anchor='stats'>

     <front>
         <title>Distribution of Processing Times</title>
         <author initials='J.' surname='Arkko' fullname='J. Arkko'>
             <organization />
         </author>
         <date year='2012' month='December' />
     </front>

     <format type="HTML" octets='10000' 
target="http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/wgdistr.html" />
</reference>

Thanks,
     Yaron

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:33:58 +0100

> target="http://www.arkko.com/tools/lifecycle/wgdistr.html" />

Drop the <format> element; just add the URI as "target" attribute to 
<reference>.

Best regards, Julian