Subject: [xml2rfc] differences between v1 and v2 (of xml2rfc)

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:10:54 +0100

Hello,

I'm comparing the output of xml2rfc v1.36 with v2.3.5 (see
for yourself at: 
    v1 version: miek.nl/downloads/draft.v1.txt
    v2 version: miek.nl/downloads/draft.v2.txt

I like v2 as it is fast! The line numbers mentioned below are those
of draft.v2.txt.

The ToC does not start on a new page in v2. (Don't know if that
is a setting).

The underscore settings of spanx elements, changed from _bla_ to -bla-,
I like the latter, but still its a change.

In section "Multiple paragraphs in a list.", I fake
multiple paragraphs in a list with a <vspace>. In v1 the new "para"
is indented, in v2 it is not indented (line 787).

If you look for 'A lowercase roman list.' you see that '<list style="format
%i.">' isn't supported (line 810).

If you look for 'An uppercase roman list.' you see that, "<list style="format
(%d)">' in v1 displays as "(1)  Item1" and in v2 as "(1 )Item1" (line 816).

'<list style="format %C.">' is allowed in v1 (was a hidden feature, but still). 
It shows "A.  First item", in v2 it convers to "%C.First item" and a warning 
(line 850).

If you look for "List with a sublist with a paragraph above the sublist", you
get a nice indented sublist with A. and B. as list items. In v2 it isn't
indented and the listitems are numbered with a. and b. (line 878).

 Regards,

-- 
    Miek Gieben                                               http://miek.nl