Subject: [xml2rfc] alternative boilerplate

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:00:23 +0200

Hi,

Is there a recommended way to whack in alternative boilerplate?  Here's
my issue.  I will occasionally write a draft that I do not want posted
into the drafts system, and want a way to signal that to the recipient,
and perhaps even the ID upload tool.  Ideally I'd like to be able to
specify the copyright and some text.

Ideas?

Eliot
ps: yes, for the moment I've whacked my copy, but it's not pretty enough
to share.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:07:16 +0200

> into the drafts system, and want a way to signal that to the recipient,

The "private" processing instruction should turn off all boilerplate. 
You can add your own using <note>s.

> specify the copyright and some text.

You want to use the upload tool, but not post to the drafts system???

> ps: yes, for the moment I've whacked my copy, but it's not pretty enough

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:19:57 +0200

Hi Julian,

> You can add your own using <note>s.
Thanks.
> You want to use the upload tool, but not post to the drafts system???

It would just be to catch something that oughtn't be there.

Eliot

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 08:31:02 -0700

> It would just be to catch something that oughtn't be there.

To be certain, that really requires a standardized flag that says 
"reject any attempt to submit this into the I-D" mechanism.

d/

-- 
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  bbiw.net