Subject: [xml2rfc] change in preferred way to reference ITU-T Recommendations

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:23:39 +0200

Hi everyone,

I have learned that the ITU-T has made a change in the way it prefers
its Recommendations to be displayed.  Was: ITU-T Recommendation XXX
Now: Recommendation ITU-T XXX

Let me demonstrate Old/New:

OLD:

>    [ITU.X509.2000]
>               International Telecommunications Union, "Information
>               technology - Open Systems Interconnection - The Directory:
>               Public-key and attribute certificate frameworks", ITU-T
>               Recommendation X.509, March 2000.
NEW:

   [ITU.X509.2000]
              International Telecommunications Union, "Information
              technology - Open Systems Interconnection - The Directory:
              Public-key and attribute certificate frameworks",
              Recommendation ITU-T X.509, March 2000.

What's the best way to effect this sort of change?

Eliot

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:45:22 -0700

> What's the best way to effect this sort of change?

Related: can we get a bibxml library for the commonly-references ones? I just had to hand-code one for X.690, and it is not looking like the one you have here.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:15:34 +0200

Hmmm.  Let me investigate if they have some sort of electronic
bibliography....

Eliot