Subject: [xml2rfc] Allow URL for input

From: Pander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:19:00 +0100

Hi all,

Could you please allow an URL for input at http://xml.resource.org/

Can it please be implemented that I can give someone a link such as

http://xml.resource.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi?input=http://blah.com/rfc.xml&output=html
and upon viewing this link, one will see the HTML rendering of the RFC
in XML which is provided as a parameter in the link.

Thanks,

Pander

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:17:46 +0100

On 2012-03-22 10:19, Pander wrote:
> ...

Have you tried rfc2629.xslt? If all you need is conversion to HTML it 
will run completely in the browser, and you won't have to use 
xml2rfc.org at all.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Pander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:27:29 +0100

On 2012-03-22 14:17, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Have you tried rfc2629.xslt?

No

 If all you need is conversion to HTML it
> will run completely in the browser, and you won't have to use

What do I have to do exactly. Including
<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='rfc2629.xslt' ?>
or
<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl'
href='http://ftp.cerias.purdue.edu/pub/doc/rfc/authors/rfc2629.xslt' ?>
does not work.

Also when I do that. xtml2rfc doesn't work anymore.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:38:02 +0100

> <?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='rfc2629.xslt' ?>

See 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629xslt.html#output.html>.

> href='http://ftp.cerias.purdue.edu/pub/doc/rfc/authors/rfc2629.xslt' ?>

The former should, if you have the file rfc2629.xslt next to your XML. 
You *might* have to disable noscript or similar browser extensions.

> Also when I do that. xtml2rfc doesn't work anymore.

It should. Details?

---

From: Pander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:17:46 +0100

>> Also when I do that. xtml2rfc doesn't work anymore.

It is working now with a local file, I interchanged the lines with xml
and xml-stylesheet by accident :S

When I use a remote file, I get in Firefox
Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred
(805303f4)http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629.xslt
But I have indeed several add-ons that trigger on cross site scripting.

So I added to my Makefile
wget -N http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629.xslt
and it works fine now.

Thanks,

Pander

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:20:57 -0400

The experimental page under xml.resource.org now allows entering a URL 
in place of uploading a file.

I hope you find it useful.

     Tony