Subject: [xml2rfc] Trouble with referencing draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal-00

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:07:45 -0800

Hello,
have trouble trying to reference draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal-00 in my
draft.
I've done this:
<!DOCTYPE rfc SYSTEM "rfc2629.dtd"[
<!ENTITY VCCV-GAL-PW SYSTEM "
http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal-00.xml
">
]>
...
<xref target="I-D.draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal-00" />
...
      &VCCV-GAL-PW;
...
And I get this error:

INPUT: 520 ms (276 elems, 346 attrs, 1128 spaces, 13980 chars)
[Error] INPUT:568:8: An element with the identifier
"I-D.draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal-00" must appear in the document.

Suggestion, help or clue greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 08:53:57 +0100

On 2012-02-18 02:07, Greg Mirsky wrote:
> <!ENTITY VCCV-GAL-PW SYSTEM
> "http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal-00.xml">
> ]>
> ...
> [Error] INPUT:568:8: An element with the identifier"I-D.draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal-00"  must appear in the document.
>

<http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal-00.xml> 
has a reference entry for "I-D.draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal", not 
"I-D.draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-for-gal-00".

I believe that if you want to cite a specific version of a draft, you 
can't use the predefined reference files over there (but then I may be 
wrong; I don't use them and I really believe using them the way they are 
used right now is a bad idea).

Best regards,

Julian