Subject: [xml2rfc] "symbol" style lists -- typo in README, and a question

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:19:38 +0100 (MEZ)

Section 4.1.1 of the current xml2rfc README file contains
a significant typo for a new keyword.  It would be nice if that
confusing glitch could be corrected:

      s/text-list-sybols/text-list-symbols/
                                     ^

The trailing sentence of the same section indicates that such
directives are "normally put ... at the beginning of the document".
However, several PIs are commonly reset inside drafts to achieve
specific formatting goals, for instance "subcompact", "rfcedstyle",
"artworklines", "artworkdelimiter", and experience showed that
changing the values of these directives works as intuitively
expected; yet, I suspect that doesn't work for "text-list-symbols",
which I wanted to apply specifically to achieve the appearance of
an original document being updated now.
Question: What was the intended behavior for "text-list-symbols":
effective globally for whole document, or working modally (last
given PI applies) ?

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+