Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v3.9.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 18:19:55 +0000

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v3.9.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (3.9.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Merged in [3981] from [email-masked]:
    Stop stripping CDATA with v2v3 option. Fixes #601.

  * Merged in [3980] from [email-masked]:
    Implement bare attribute rendering in HTML and PDF. Fixes #609.

  * Merged in [3978] from [email-masked]:
    Add https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/ as default id-base-url 
    and id-reference-base-url. Fixes #618.

  * Merged in [3977] from [email-masked]:
    Use 'appendix-A.1' format for section ids in HTML output. Use 
    'section-appendix-...' as XML id both for all appendixes, not just 
    top level. Fixes #581.

  * Merged in [3975] from [email-masked]:
    Define entities in v2v3 output instead of referencing an external DTD. 
    Fixes #548.

  * Properly reflect the updates to headers and boilerplate reflecting 
    erratum 5258. Fixes #648.

xml2rfc (3.8.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Merged in [3961] from [email-masked]:
    Fix indentation error that prevented normalizing ascii-art whitespace.
    Fixes #403.

  * Merged in [3949] from [email-masked]:
    Insert removeInRFC notice as first child even when <name> tag is absent.
    Fixes #622.

  * Merged in [3947] from [email-masked]:
    Handle <iref> as child of most of its allowed parent elements.
    An <aside> parent is still not handled properly. Fixes #620.

  * Merged in [3942] from [email-masked]:
    Refer to un-numbered sections by name rather than number.
    Fixes #572.

  * Merged in [3939] and [3940] from [email-masked]:
    Create tests-no-network and clear-cache Makefile targets to support
    network-free testing. Updates to tests/cache and tests/valid so
    tests pass with and without network. Fixes #561.

 -- Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>  20 May 2021 18:05:43 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/3.9.0'

Documentation for this release is built-in, and also available at:
  https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/xml2rfc-doc-3.9.0.html

Regards,

	Robert Sparks
	(via the mkrelease script)