Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v3.6.0

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 19:09:59 +0100

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v3.6.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (3.6.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  ** Add pagination, bugfixes, drops Python 3.5 **

  * Merged in [3899] from [email-masked]:
    Prevent crash when column count varies between table rows. Fixes #512.

  * Merged in [3898] from [email-masked]:
    Cite the abstract as 'Abstract' instead of 'Appendix Abstract'. 
    Fixes #429.

  * Merged in [3893] from [email-masked]:
    Modify selector to include rfc element in yes/no to true/false conversion.
    Fixes #457.

  * Merged in [3892] from [email-masked]:
    Move conjunctions out of author <span> elements in reference citations.
    Fixes #575.

  * Merged in [3891] from [email-masked]:
    Remove quotes from <xref format='title'> in text writer. Fixes #563.

  * Merged in [3890] from [email-masked]:
    Label xref to a cref with the anchor instead of 'Section X.Y'. Fixes #431.

  * Merged in [3887] and [3889] from [email-masked]:
    Simplify text rendering of super/subscripts. Based on patch submitted by
    <[email-masked]> and refinement from subsequent list discussion.
    Fixes #590.

  * moved away test targets for untested versions of python

  * Merged in [3886] from [email-masked]:
    Remove pilcrows from tables of contents In addition to searching list item
    descendants for the existence of previously-added pilcrows, the code now 
    also searches the list item ancestors for any node that has the 'toc' 
    class to indicate that it is part of a table of contents.  If either are
    found, the pilcrow is not added.  Fixes #568.

  * Merged in [3877] and [3878] from [email-masked]:
    Made a --paginate/--pagination switch available, to force pagination for
    text output.

  * Merged in [3876] from [email-masked]:
    Adjusted li > p margin to fit better with other list spacing, and to not
    let the <p> margin spill out from inside a <li>.  FIxes issue #580.

  * Drop python 35 from tests

  * Updated manpage.txt and docfiles

 -- Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>  17 Mar 2021 18:53:29 +0100

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/3.6.0'

Documentation for this release is built-in, and also available at:
  https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/xml2rfc-doc-3.6.0.html

Regards,

	Robert Sparks
	(via the mkrelease script)