Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] Tool refusing connection attempts to look up bib references

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 17:11:56 -0700

I am getting this message when using kramdown-rfc2629:

C:/Ruby26-x64/lib/ruby/2.6.0/net/http.rb:949:in `rescue in block in
connect': Failed to open TCP connection to xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org:443
(No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused
it. - connect(2) for "xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org" port 443)
(Errno::ECONNREFUSED)

Is this a temporary issue? And is there a better place for asking these
questions?

-- Christian Huitema

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 06:10:36 +0200

Hi Christian,

> it. - connect(2) for "xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org" port 443)

Yes, xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org appears to be down (reachable, but connection refused; with the occasional host unreachable thrown in).
Try

	KRAMDOWN_OFFLINE=1 kdrfc …

(or     KRAMDOWN_OFFLINE=1 kramdown-rfc2629…)

for a gross workaround (may be symptomless if your cache is primed).

> Is this a temporary issue?

One would hope so.
(And I need to put in a workaround in kramdown-rfc, too.)

> And is there a better place for asking these
> questions?

I send my trouble reports to [email-masked] and usually get quick resolution.

Grüße, Carsten