Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] Wrong surname and fullname in BibXML Ref

From: Cenk Gündoğan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 14:48:21 +0100

Hello all,

when using particular bibxml refs [1,2,3,4], we encountered a strange
behavior: fullname and surname for the first author are set to an e-mail
address. In the datatracker, the meta data looks fine so far, though
(e.g., [5]). This leads to strange looking references in compiled
documents .. Might there be a problem in the BibXML generator script? Is
there a way to amend the correct names?

Cheers,
Cenk

[1] https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-ids/reference.I-D.mosko-icnrg-beginendfragment.xml
[2] https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-ids/reference.I-D.mosko-icnrg-cachecontrol.xml
[3] https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-ids/reference.I-D.mosko-icnrg-ccnxchunking.xml
[4] https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-ids/reference.I-D.mosko-icnrg-ccnxfragmentation.xml
[5] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mosko-icnrg-beginendfragment/

--
Cenk Gündoğan

Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
Dept. of Computer Science / Internet Technologies Group
Berliner Tor 7, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
Fon: +49 40 42875 - 8426
Mail: [email-masked]
Web: https://www.inet.haw-hamburg.de/

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 16:36:12 +0100

Hi Cenk,

> there a way to amend the correct names?

This is indeed a problem with some old reference files for Marc Mosko.

I would have expected the files to be updated when updated information
is available in the datatracker, but this does not seem to be happening.

I would suggest that you use the equivalent bibxml3 entries directly from
the datatracker.  They have a better guarantee of being up-to-date:

 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.mosko-icnrg-beginendfragment.xml
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.mosko-icnrg-cachecontrol.xml
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.mosko-icnrg-ccnxchunking.xml
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.mosko-icnrg-ccnxfragmentation.xml

Best regards,

	Henrik
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc-dev
>

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 16:53:37 +0100

> the datatracker.  They have a better guarantee of being up-to-date:

Can we fix the official ones as well?

I’m thinking about running a comparison, but I don’t know whether datatracker would fall over from 114 k requests (the official ones come in via rsync).  Maybe I can start out without the 86 k I-D.draft-* (i.e., version-specific) entries.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 17:02:12 +0100

> Can we fix the official ones as well?

That would be some 1739 places.

Grüße, Carsten

find . -name reference\*.xml | xargs grep surname= | grep @

---

From: Cenk Gündoğan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 19:10:41 +0100

Hello Henrik, Carsten,

> Can we fix the official ones as well?

@Carsten: so around 0.5\% are broken? Darn my luck (:

@Henrik: Thanks for the alternative link. I wasn't aware of that
location. I actually would prefer the other location for its rsync
capability. I just did another rsync update and I saw that some drafts
have been fixed (probably manually?). Thank you (: One question, though:

While drafts of the form
bibxml3/reference.I-D.draft-mosko-icnrg-beginendfragment-<version>.xml
have a correct author field now, the document
bibxml3/reference.I-D.mosko-icnrg-beginendfragment.xml has still the
broken format. I like to use the latter reference to always have the
latest ID version in the bibliography. Is there a way to also update
these ones?

Cheers,
Cenk

--
Cenk Gündoğan

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 21:36:02 +0100

Hi Carsten,

> Can we fix the official ones as well?

I have a script to generate the same content as files.  Once other fires
are out, I'll set up a cronjob to generate such, and after testing, I hope
to use those instead of the TCL-generated draft reference files.

> I’m thinking about running a comparison, but I don’t know whether 
> datatracker would fall over from 114 k requests (the official ones
> come in via rsync).  Maybe I can start out without the 86 k
> I-D.draft-* (i.e., version-specific) entries.

Be prepared for plenty of differences in non-essentials, and watch the
response times, if you do this.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 21:57:35 +0100

Hi Cenk,

> have been fixed (probably manually?). Thank you (: One question, though:

Yes, I did that manually.

> latest ID version in the bibliography. Is there a way to also update

I'll have to do it manually.  Should be better now.

Best regards,

	Henrik
> 
> Cheers,
> Cenk
> 
>>
>> I’m thinking about running a comparison, but I don’t know whether datatracker would fall over from 114 k requests (the official ones come in via rsync).  Maybe I can start out without the 86 k I-D.draft-* (i..e., version-specific) entries.
>>
>> Grüße, Carsten
>>

---

From: Cenk Gündoğan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 22:02:40 +0100

Hello Henrik,

> I'll have to do it manually.  Should be better now.

did a quick rsync and values appear to be correct now. Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Cenk

--
Cenk Gündoğan