Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v2.38.1

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 07:33:28 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.38.1, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.38.1) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Added a preptool check for numbered sections occurring after or under
    unnumbered sections, and changed the code for Reference sections to
    not emit section numbers if the previous section was unnumbered.  
    Fixes issue #433

  * Refactored the code for reference anchor to display string mapping,
    locating it in a base class method.  Updated it to honour the symRefs
    setting.  Fixes issue #476.

  * Added installation of Python 3.8 to Dockerfile, and updated the minor
    version numbers for the other Python installation stanzas.

  * Fixed a problem rendering multiple authors with organization 
    showOnFrontPage='false'.  Further addresses issue #483.

  * Added a switch --no-external-js, and some other --no-* switches to 
    invert boolean settings.  Fixes issue #486.

  * Added an early return from cache() when repeated attempts to fetch an 
    URL fails.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  20 Jan 2020 15:29:17 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.38.1'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 19:33:32 +0100

On 20.01.2020 16:33, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> ...

The above may have broken <xref>s to children of <reference-group>. See
<https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/attachment/ticket/487/>.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:49:10 +0100

> <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/attachment/ticket/487/>.

I note that I didn't get a reply, and the bug that I reported is still
labeled "new".

In 2.39 the behavior indeed changed again; the processor now doesn't
abort anymore, but the text inserted for reference group members lacks
the brackets ("[....]").

Best regards, Julian