Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] No support for v2 dates

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 10:57:02 +0100

Error: Expected <date> attribute “year" to be an integer, but found "n.d."

Has been https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/450
for seven weeks now.

Upgraded to “blocker” now, as this impedes v2 compatibility.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 12:59:12 +0100

Hi Carsten,

> Upgraded to “blocker” now, as this impedes v2 compatibility.

This was fixed in release 2.24.0 on August 10, 2019. My test suite now contains
the following instances. This can be used in a v3 document 
(<rfc version="3">...) but not in a v2 document. If something else is needed,
please provide more data.

               <reference anchor="DATE-RANGE">
                  <front>
                     <title>Document with date range</title>
                     <author fullname="Joe Moe"/>
                     <date>2002-2003</date>
                  </front>
               </reference>

               <reference anchor="FUZZY-DATE">
                  <front>
                     <title>Document with fuzzy date</title>
                     <author fullname="Jane Mae"/>
                     <date>Second quarter 2010</date>
                  </front>
               </reference>

               <reference anchor="NO-DATE">
                  <front>
                     <title>Document with no date</title>
                     <author fullname="No Mae"/>
                     <date/>
                  </front>
               </reference>

Henrik