Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v2.36.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 08:22:48 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.36.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.36.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Improved support for internal xref to <li>, giving 'Section X,
    Paragraph Y, Item Z'.  Tweaked the output for xrefs to <li> with
    format='counter' to not include trailing period.

  * Stripped away some cases of leading punctuation on incomplete postal 
    address lines.

  * Fixed an issue with multi-part <ol> lists with the same group setting.

  * Added support for tables in list items, on request from the RPC, in 
    order to match the needs of a couple of recent RFCs-to-be.

  * Improved output format handling of postal addresses for countries with
    non-latin scripts where the XML address content is ASCII, rather than
    the expected native script.

  * Fixed the isempty() utility function to correctly return False for 
    elements containing comments with trailing text.  Fixes issue #455.

  * Added some cases of normalization of postal code during v2v3 conversion.

  * Added bottom margin space for artwork in print output, to match that
    for sourcecode.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  02 Dec 2019 15:32:24 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.36.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)