Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v2.35.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 05:57:17 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.35.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.35.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Changed the pn numbers for ToC entries to use 'section-toc.1-...' 
    instead of 'section-boilerplate.3-...'.

  * Fixed schema and code so as to correctly show <name> entries with 
    superscript (and more) in the ToC.

  * Added code to clean out instances of &nbsp; and other special 
    characters when rendering ToC, title, xref and reference.

  * Eliminated postal address lines with only template content, i.e., no
    <postal> content, from output renderings.

  * Fixed a typo in the v2v3 converter which caused conversion of the 
    tocdepth PI to fail.

  * Added handling of <sourcecode> name attributes which were too long to
    fit on the same line as the <CODE BEGINS> marker, and added a specific
    indentation setting for <sourcecode> within <section>, to avoid
    extra indentation.

  * For source code with markers and file name, only emit file name if 
    actually set.  Fixes an issue with the HTML renderer.

  * Added the same in-figure indent for sourcecode as for artwork, to avoid 
    extra indentation.

  * Removed an extraneous leading comma in reference rendering for 
    references without author information.

  * Added CSS for bottom margin after <sourcecode> rendering in print.

  * Added a missing conversion of attribute value 'no' to 'false' in the 
    v2v3 converter.

  * Tweaked the text width when folding hang text.

  * Changed the location and method of checking and catching non-ascii 
    characters in XML input declared with encoding='us-ascii'.

  * Added warnings for tabs in artwork and sourcecode.

  * Added a warning for long lines in v3 text ouput.

  * Added a new metadata.js file from the RPC, with copyright and license 
    information and a code tweak.

  * Refactored extract_date() into one extraction function and one 
    augmentation function, in order to render references with missing date info 
    correctly.  Also updated renderers to handle this case appropriately.

  * Fixed an inconsistency in requiring the ascii attribute for Latin
    script non-ascii names.

  * Corrected a buggy format string.  Fixes issue #449.

  * Added an error if pn numbers are present in a file which is not marked 
    with prepTime.

  * Corrected the indentation for <t> in table cells.

  * Fixed an issue with duplicate pn numbers for <t> in table cells.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  12 Nov 2019 05:40:23 -0800

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.35.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 11:30:04 +0100

On 12.11.2019 14:57, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> ...
> ...

I don't see a warning when running this version on
<ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/authors/rfc8679.xml>.

Am I missing something?

Best regards, Julian