Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v2.34.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:53:07 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.34.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.34.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Made preptool reference sorting honour the sortRefs <rfc> attribute
    when symRefs is true.

  * Fixed an issue with v2v3 conversion of PIs to <xml> attributes, where 
    PIs occuring before <rfc> would not be processed.

  * Fixed the v3 text output for authors with no organization to output 
    blank lines, as for v2.

  * Changed the rendering of <xref> with section reference and text 
    content, based on input from the RPC.

  * Fixed an issue with &nbsp; in section headers not being handled
    properly by PDF viewers, by using plain space instead of non-breaking
    space.

  * Fixed an issue with sizing of SVG artwork in PDF renderings.

  * Fixed a validation problem for an empty boilerplate element for ipr='none'.

  * Added a <toc> entry in <rfc><front>, and moved table of contents XML 
    from <boilerplate> to <toc>.

  * Fixed an issue with the use of seriesInfo for top first page of v3
    text output.

  * Added support for a new attribute 'brackets { "none" | "angle" }? for
    <eref>, on request from the RPC.

  * Changed the rendering of <dt><dd> so as to insert a newline if the <dt> 
    entry extends too close to the right-hand margin.

  * Tweaked the removal of PIs during the preptool phase to occur before
    writing prepped content out to file, rather than earlier, in order to
    preserve PIs when prep() is used by xml2rfc internally.

  * Added a warning for SVG content that won't scale.

  * Added 'dd' to is_htmlblock().  One effect of this is to let <dd> to 
    be link targets for <xref> when generating HTML output.

  * Changed the schema for <postal> to a workable but less precise 
    expression because the RFC7991bis generation scripts don't support the RNG 
    <interleave> construct.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  23 Oct 2019 15:46:07 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.34.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)