Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v2.23.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 04:33:34 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.23.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.23.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  This release adds v2v3 support for conversion of v2 code with both text and
  external image sources to v3 <artset> format, and provides improved cache
  handling.  It also contains a long list of bugfixes.  Here is an excerpt
  from the commit log:

  * Fixed an issue where cache clearing did not consider custom cache 
    locations.

  * Added retry on connection error for external includes.  This fixes an
    issue which has appearing more often recently, where the first connection
    to fetch a reference file has failed to provide the right redirect.

  * Added inclusion of metadata.js in the html renderer, for future handling
    of dynamic metadata (updated-by and obsoleted-by information, for
    instance).  Added a default instance of the metadata javascript file to
    the distribution, and added an command-line option to specify an
    alternative version of the javascript metadata script.

  * Added <script> to the list of elements treated as blocks for HTML output
    formatting purposes.

  * Show 'US' as "United States of America" (official name rather than short 
    name according to ISO 3166-1)

  * Changed the default RFC base URL in run.py, and the extension used in 
    html.py.

  * Added code to the v2v3 converter to create an <artset> for legacy 
    artwork with both a 'src' attribute and text content.

  * Changed <reference> rendering when part of a <referencegroup> to not 
    include the DOI.

  * Fixed a crash that could occur during index building with multiple levels
    of <references>.

  * Tweaked the text format <artwork> placeholder (when no text format 
    artwork is present) to look at both 'src' and 'originalSrc' for an URL
    for alternative artwork.

  * Changed the handling of pilcrow links at end of paragraphs and similar 
    to follow immediately after the content, without wrappable space, to avoid 
    the appearence of having double blandk lines when the pilcrow would be 
    wrapped to sit by itself on a line.

  * Added a HTML div to hold artset anchor, fixing an issue where artset
    anchors would not always be present.

  * Refined the preptool warnings regarding artset/artwork anchor handling.

  * Eliminated toc update work when tocInclude is false.

  * Only apply validation of cache entries as references if they are 
    <reference> entries.

  * Refined the reference URL cache handling for URLs with query arguments, 
    to avoid cache collisions.

  * Eliminated an incorrect check for page break after section header at end
    of document.  Fixes issue #409.

  * Handled authors without address elements for v3 text.  Fixes issue #408.

  * Dealt better with <workgroup> without content.

  * Changed the schema to require at least one instance of <artwork> within 
    <artset>.  Fixes issue #405.

  * Added a default rendering (code point number) for code points without 
    unicode code point names.  Fixes issues #401 and #402.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  27 Jun 2019 04:31:34 -0700

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.23.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)