Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] feedback on feedback of <referencegroup>

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 19:56:34 +0200

<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes-08#section-3.1.15>:

> 3.1.15.  In Section 2.41, <referencegroup>
>
>    If <referencegroup> is to be used to represent for instance an STD
>    entries that consist of multiple RFCs, the STD itself will have an
>    URL.  It would be natural to represent that with a "target"
>    attribute, as for <reference>.
>
>    Proposal:  Add a "target" attribute for <referencegroup<, matching
>       the one for <reference<.
>
>    Implementation:  Implemented in xml2rfc v 2.18.0

I agree that this is a good extension, but I note that at least for IETF
BCP/STDs etc, it can be automatically generated and the target attribute
would not be needed.

>    This issue is tracked as github issue #48 [11]

That is
<https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/48>,
which is about something else...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 20:00:18 +0200

On 14.05.2019 19:56, Julian Reschke wrote:
> BCP/STDs etc, ...

...and it turns out I implemented that in February
(<https://github.com/reschke/xml2rfc/commit/f97bc9d1702780fc9681eef839365b8fb540fc31#diff-72d14732a37f1a4dd605584597bc3cd9>)
and forgot about it right away...

Best regards, Julian