Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] clarification for <u> needed

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 19:20:57 +0100

Hi,

in
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes-08#appendix-A.1>:

>       "ascii"
>          The provided ASCII value

Please clarify what that means, in particular when the enclosed text
content contains non-ASCII characters.

Best regard, Julian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 11:47:09 +0100

Hi Julian,

> content contains non-ASCII characters.

Right.  The intention was to provide the option of having an ascii="..."
attribute on the <u> element, and have an 'ascii' part of the format
expand to the provided ascii attribute.  I'll rephrase.

	Henrik