Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v2.20.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:24:03 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.20.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.20.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  This release changes the rendering of <xref> elements with text content by
  v3 formatters, and reintroduces <xref format="none"> under v3 in order to
  properly cover the combinatorial space of rendering of <xref> with and
  without text content.  It fixes a number of issues, including a somewhat
  unexpected issue with namespace normalization, and improves the rendering
  output in some edge cases.  More details from the commit log:

  * Removed namespace cleanup and normalisation during the v2v3 conversion, 
    as it can have negative effects for inlined <svg> when the SVG namespace is 
    specified in multiple places.

  * Changed handling of reference//author entries with fullname but without
    initials and surname in order to derive those the same way for references
    as it's done in other places.

  * Dropped support for Py34.  Support is now Py27 (untill end 2019), and
    Python 3.5 - 3.7.

  * Tweaked the CSS for bcp14 keyword elements.

  * Fixed a problem where a temporary valuable name stomped on a 
    method-wide name.

  * Fixed a problem where <xref> "relative" attributes were treated as 
    fragment identifiers instead of as relative URL paths.

  * Improved the placeholder text emitted by the v3 text renderer for 
    artwork without ascii-art.

  * Removed stripping of the now (again) functional <xref> format value "none"
    from the v2v3 converter.

  * Tweaked the rendering of <xref> having both derivedContent (section 
    information, for instance) and text content, to generate hyperlinks to the 
    xref target for both of them.  Simplified the html renderer by eliminating 
    extra code for <relref>, now covered by the generic <xref> code.

  * Fixed a problem with a missing hash character between path and fragment 
    identifiers in derivedLink generation.

  * Added a conversion of <relref> elements to the generic <xref> form to 
    preptool.  Tweaked a debug print statement.

  * Added An SVG diagram of the processing flow for v2 and v3 documents, used
    by xml2rfc3.rst, to doc/

  * Added an rST-formatted Introduction to xml2rfc version 3 to doc/

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  26 Feb 2019 13:22:09 -0800

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.20.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)