Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v2.17.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 04:18:56 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.17.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.17.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Added rudimentary support for ipr="none", in order to not shut out other
    standards bodies, such as the OpenID Foundation, that uses xml2rfc to
    produce documents.  Idnits will make sure documents produced with
    ipr="none" are not used in IETF submissions.

  * Updated docker/* files with additional packages, tweaks to permit docker
    builds to discard cache, and other minor changes.

  * Changed the url used to set xml:base in cached reference files to use 
    the actual retrieval url, rather than the initially requested url, in order 
    to correctly reflect redirects.  Also added some related messages when 
    running with --verbose.

  * Added a comment in v2v3 converted xml output giving the converter version,
    and made sure the root element always has a declaration of the XInclude
    namespace to make later insertion of <xi:include/> statements easy.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  21 Jan 2019 12:12:29 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.17.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)