Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v2.16.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 08:30:36 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.16.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.16.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  This release provides support for generation of xml2rfc PDF output.
  However, a default pip install will only install the xml2rfc module
  itself; additional installation work is needed to enable PDF generation:

  In order to generate PDFs, xml2rfc uses the WeasyPrint module, which
  depends on external libaries that must be installed as native packages
  on your platform, separately from the xml2rfc install.

  First, install the Cairo, Pango, and GDK-PixBuf libs on your system.
  See installation instructions on the WeasyPrint Docs:

      https://weasyprint.readthedocs.io/en/stable/install.html

  (Python 3 is not needed if your system Python is 2.7, though).

  (On some OS X systems with System Integrity Protection active, you may
  need to create a symlink from your home directory to the library installation
  directory (often /opt/local/lib):

      ln -s /opt/local/lib ~/lib

  in order for weasyprint to find the installed cairo and pango libraries.
  Whether this is needed or not depends on whether you used macports or
  homebrew to install cairo and pango, and the homebrew / macport version.)

  Next, install the pycairo and weasyprint python modules using pip.
  Depending on your system, you may need to use 'sudo' or install in
  user-specific directories, using the --user switch.  On OS X in particular,
  you may also need to install a newer version of setuptools using --user
  switch before weasyprint can be installed.  If you install with the --user
  switch, you may also need to set PYTHONPATH in your shell environment, e.g.,

      PYTHONPATH=/Users/username/Library/Python/2.7/lib/python/site-packages

  for Python 2.7.

  The basic pip command (modify as needed according to the text above) is:

      pip install 'pycairo>=1.18' 'weasyprint<=0.42.3'

  With these installed and available to xml2rfc, the --pdf switch will be
  enabled.

  For correct PDF output, you also need to install the Noto font set.
  Download the full set from:

    https://noto-website-2.storage.googleapis.com/pkgs/Noto-unhinted.zip,

  and install as appropriate for your platform.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  22 Dec 2018 15:58:44 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.16.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)