Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] New xml2rfc release: v2.13.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 05:25:16 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.13.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.13.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  This release provides an number of improvements.  Rendering of all v3
  elements should now be in place for the v3 text and html formatters, and
  the renderers have been updated to follow the issue resolutions so far.
  A bug in the generation of boilerplate for BCPs has been fixed.  Feedback
  on unexpected postal address data has been improved, as has feedback on
  unexpected combinations of stream, category, and consensus settings.

  Details from the commit log:

  * In the html formatter:

    - Added indentation support for <dl> to the v3 html renderer.  

    - Fixed a bug in the display of author names in the author addresses
      section when no postal information is given.  

    - Improved <eref> rendering for the case when no eref text is provided.  

    - Corrected the anchor placement for slugified names of figures and
      tables.  

    - Added support for <referencegroup>.  

    - Added a missing CSS class for <seriesInfo> rendering.  

    - Added support for right and center alignment of tables.

  * In the text formatter:

    - Added v3 text formatter support for rendering of blockquote and cref.  

    - Minor other tweaks.

  * In the preptool: 

    - Added support for <referencegroup> elements.  

    - Added support for the <rfc> version attribute.  

    - Fixed a string formatting bug.  

    - Added attribute valididty checking for integer-valued attributes.  

    - Removed the forced inclusion of day for RFC publication dates, reverting
      to permitting publication with only year and month.

    - Added more sophisticated checking and setting of consensus, based on
      what is valid for the given stream and category.  

    - Refined the handling when given input that already contains boilerplate,
      authors addresses and index.

  * In the v2v3 converter:

    - Added setting of the <rfc> version attribute.

    - Removed dubious elimination of <format> elements pointing to alternative
      reference URLs.

    - Fixed a couple of instances of buggy error reporting.

  * Changed util.postal.get_normalized_address() to return a filled-in adr 
    structure even if no country could be identified, for more consistent code 
    in other places.

  * In the Relax NG schema files:

    - Changed the v3 schema default value for <dl> newline so that the effect 
      is the same as for the old 'hanging' default value.

    - Added a 'derivedAnchor' attribute for <referencegroup>, matching that of
      <reference>.

  * In the CSS style sheet:

    - Changed the CSS class for Reference Section definition lists from
      'reference' to 'references'.  

    - Added styling for table alignment and
      applied the same styling for table labels as for figure labels.

  * Added bcp14, em, iref, strong, sub, and sup to the permitted elements 
    in <name>.

  * Fixed some issues with the error messages for combinations of stream, 
    category, and consensus.

  * Added code to honour the "display" attribute of <cref>.

  * Added a preptool action to check the <rfc> attributes submissionType 
    (i.e., stream), category, and consensus for validity.  Invalid combinations 
    are called out, and warnings are issued about setting missing settings to 
    default values.

  * With v2 formatters, treat consensus for BCPs the same way as STD 
    documents, 

  * Refactored some logging and address functionality, improved address
    warnings and other address-related tweaks.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  16 Nov 2018 21:28:06 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.13.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)