Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] Summary of issues - weeks of October 8, October 15

From: Heather Flanagan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 11:12:31 -0400

Hola a todos!

Here's what I took from the next batch of conversation:

-------

Issue #31 - consensus reached: add align, default center, wrapping the 
title to match the max table width for the table caption

Issue #45 - consensus reached: leave spec as is wrt <li> and layout for 
unordered lists

Issue #46 - consensus reached: leaved spec as is wrt <li> mixed content 
model

Issue #47 - consensus reached: change the <name> element schema to 
permit all inline elements that <tt> can contain, in addition to <tt>.

Issue #48 - discussion not quite done (I have a few questions)

Issue #49 - decision made: References must be expanded and complete in 
the final XML. TOC and Index are completely derivable from the XML, but 
the actual format of those may change per publication format - no 
specification in the v3 spec required.

-------

FYI - I've asked Henrik to focus on the HTML publication formatter for a 
few weeks, to see if we can get a first cut available in time for 
Bangkok. Expect issue discussion to slow down between now and Bangkok.

Thanks, everyone!

Heather

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 17:48:01 +0200

Hi Heather,

Thank you for this :-)

With respect to the ToC and Index discussion (which was not mentioned
in #49 originally, so need not affect the #49 resolution below) I've
realized that an additional factor would be whether the RFC Editor
would want to tweak ToC or Index.  This is maybe something that the
RFC Production Center needs to talk about.  Till I hear otherwise, I'll
adjust xml2rfc to only use the generated ToC and Index XML internally,
and not write those sections out when running --prep.

Best regards,

	Henrik

On 2018-10-19 17:12, Heather Flanagan wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc-dev
>