Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] RFC 7991 issue #40: Schema Issue, RFC 7991, New Section 2.54.2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 04:36:53 -0700

This captures an issue noted during implementation, also described in
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation#section-3.1.5

---
New Section 2.54.2

   The version 3 schema deprecates the previously available 'align'
   attribute for the tables, and the V2 to V3 converter will remove this
   attributes if used.  This makes a previous feature that was appreciated
   by some authors unavailable.  In the text formatter, the effect is
   simply to make all tables left-aligned, which may not be the most
   readable and polished output, but for the HTML formatter it also
   potentially removes the option of letting text flow around smaller
   tables in a controlled way.

   Recommendation:  Make the 'align' attribute for tables available again.

   Implementation:  Implemented but inactive in the current version of
                    xml2rfc.  The current text formatter code already has
                    support for the 'align' attribute for these elements;
                    but since the schema does not permit the attribute for
                    <table>, the code is never invoked.
---

Regards,
	Henrik

---
This issue is tracked at:
   https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/40

Discussion should take place on this list.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 14:11:01 +0200

On 10/1/2018 1:36 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> ...

+1, but duplicates #9.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 14:45:41 +0200

>>                      <table>, the code is never invoked.

Ack.

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 17:05:12 +0200

I closed this ticket earlier, with reference to the earlier ticket #9, which
also covered this issue.

The only comment so far is a +1 from Julian.  Unless there are additional
comments, I'll take this as accepted at EoB Tuesday.

With respect to document text, I propose the following new text under
a new Section 2.54.1, which bumps the current 2.54.1 up to 2.54.2, due
to alphabetic ordering of sections based on the attribute names.

---
2.56.1.  "align" Attribute

   Controls whether the table as a whole appears left justified, centered
   (default), or right justified.

   Allowed values:

   o  "left"

   o  "center" (default)

   o  "right"

---

Best regards,

	Henrik

On 2018-10-01 14:45, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc-dev
>