Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] The -bis process for RFC Format docs

From: Heather Flanagan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 09:35:29 -0700

Hola a todos!

As a reminder, each of the RFCs describing different format requirements 
(see RFCs 7990-7998) will have a -bis document that will change some of 
the requirements based on what we learn during implementation. Each of 
the original RFCs state the following:

    Non-interoperable changes in later versions of this specification are
    likely based on experience gained in implementing the new publication
    toolsets.  Revised documents will be published capturing those
    changes as the toolsets are completed.  Other implementers must not
    expect those changes to remain backwards-compatible with the details
    described in this document.

So, while I don't want to get bogged down on items such as whether 
pagination [is|isn't] a good idea, whether we should allow color, or 
other fundamental issues, I do expect other items will change based on 
the actual experience in developing and testing the code and because of 
discussion on this list.

As always, thank you for putting your energy into this, and thank you 
for respecting the energy other people are putting into it as well! If 
you have any further questions about the process, please let me know.

Heather