Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] Service downtime for xml.resource.org

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:49:00 +0100

Hi,

The online xml2rfc converter is currently hosted on only one server, one
of the IETF tools servers which I provide.  Unfortunately, it is in need
of some service today, and since I don't have control over the xml.resource.org
DNS record in order to re-point it to another service, there will be a service
interruption.

We'll try to make it as brief as possible, but in order to make things
easier for you, in case you're in the middle of working on a draft and are
using the online service, I've set up xml2rfc on another of the tools
servers, for your use: 

	https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/

I expect the service interruption on xml.resource.org to take place from
14:30 to 15:00 today, but will come back with an updated time if needed.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:51:41 +0100

To be more specific, the expected time is

  22 Nov 2013	14:30 to 15:00 CET
  22 Nov 2013	13:30 to 14:00 UTC
  22 Nov 2013	08:30 to 09:00 EST
  22 Nov 2013	05:30 to 06:00 PST

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:22:43 +0100

Update:

The work is going slower than expected (because the machine in question
is a rather old box); we now expect a downtime of 60 minutes, i.e., we're
expecting the following down period:

  22 Nov 2013	14:30 to 15:30 CET
  22 Nov 2013	13:30 to 14:30 UTC
  22 Nov 2013	08:30 to 09:30 EST
  22 Nov 2013	05:30 to 06:30 PST

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 16:46:27 +0100

New update:

Unfortunately, the machine that has been serving xml.resource.org does not
seem to want to come online again after re-boot.  I've asked for the DNS
records to be re-pointed to the machine which is now providing the xml2rfc
online service (xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org).  Until that happens, please
continue to go to xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org if you need to use the online
xml2rfc service.

Sorry for the bother :-(

	Henrik