Subject: [xml2rfc-dev] status report on RFC 5741 boilerplate

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:06:31 +0100

Hi,

RFC 5741 introduced changes to the headers and boilerplate of RFCs (as 
of 2010-01-01).

- The support for the header changes was implemented by me in Spring; 
but there hasn't been a release since.

- The support for the boilerplate text was added by Tony Hansen during 
the Bejing code sprint. (Thanks, Tony!)

A just finished some cleanup work, and the code in trunk now passes all 
the checked in tests, and my own regression tests (mainly a larger 
collection of older RFCs). I therefore have closed issue #6, but added a 
few new tickets that describe the tasks left (some of which may not be 
needed for a release):

<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/15>: "document 
RFC5741 boilerplate changes"

<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/16>: "cleanup 
"status of this memo" gen; add warnings"

<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/17>: "weird 
escaping problem for <workgroup>"

<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/18>: "review table 
balancing code"

I'll look into #15 and #16. For #17 and #18, help from somebody who 
actually understands TCL would be appreciated :-).

Best regards, Julian