Subject: [websec] [mimesniff] Review requested on MIME Sniffing Standard

From: "Gordon P. Hemsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:59:35 -0500

Originally sent to the WHATWG list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gordon P. Hemsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Subject: [mimesniff] Review requested on MIME Sniffing Standard
To: whatwg List <[email-masked]>

Hey all,

As you might have heard, I have taken over editorship of the MIME Sniffing
Standard from Adam Barth.

As a first step in my editorship, I have taken the opportunity to rewrite
the document in a more procedural and modular way (IMO). The content and
meaning itself is not supposed to have changed, and I need your help to
verify that that is the case:

http://mimesniff.spec.whatwg.org/

In addition, this now means that I am open to hearing your suggestions
about how to improve the document beyond its current (i.e. former)
semantics.

You can file bugs here:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=WHATWG&component=MIME

As this document was originally an IETF document, there are also old issues
here:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/websec/trac/query?component=mime-sniff

It's not clear to me which of those remain outstanding on the current
version of the document, and it would be helpful to me if individuals with
a vested interest in them could migrate them to Bugzilla (with updated
descriptions that reflect the current state of the document). This will
ensure that I address them in a timely manner.

Also, it would be helpful if you could mark them as blocking the general
bug here:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19746

And if you want to follow the commits as they happen, you can follow
@mimesniff on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/mimesniff

Thanks!

Gordon

-- 
Gordon P. Hemsley
[email-masked]
http://gphemsley.org/ • http://gphemsley.org/blog/

-- 
Gordon P. Hemsley
[email-masked]
http://gphemsley.org/ • http://gphemsley.org/blog/