Subject: [websec] RFC 6797 on HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:40:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6797

        Title:      HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) 
        Author:     J. Hodges, C. Jackson, A. Barth
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 103554
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-websec-strict-transport-sec-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6797.txt

This specification defines a mechanism enabling web sites to declare
themselves accessible only via secure connections and/or for users to
be able to direct their user agent(s) to interact with given sites
only over secure connections.  This overall policy is referred to as
HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS).  The policy is declared by web
sites via the Strict-Transport-Security HTTP response header field
and/or by other means, such as user agent configuration, for example.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Web Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:53:18 -0700

On 11/19/12 4:40 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Title:      HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) Author:     J. 
> Hodges, C. Jackson, A. Barth

It's great to see this move forward. Good job!

/psa