Subject: [websec] Fwd: NomCom 2012-2013: Call for Feedback

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:12:29 -0500

Hello dear websec fellows,

Nomcom is asking for input and feedback about the IESG/IAB/IAOC candidates.
They're working hard to select the best candidates and your community
input is very important for them.
So if you know a candidate and could spare a few minutes to provide
feedback on him/her, your help would be very valuable for the good
functioning of our IETF community.

https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/input

Please find more details in their email below.

Kind regards and thanks a lot for your help,

Tobias
(co-chair of websec)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	NomCom 2012-2013: Call for Nomination and Feedback
Date: 	Wed, 05 Sep 2012 17:07:58 -0700
From: 	NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

This is an announcement that the NomCom is seeking
feedback on individuals who have accepted nominations for IETF
leadership positions. As we are following the advice of RFC 5680, the list
of individuals who have agreed to be considered for various positions can
be found on the NomCom Community Feedback Tool:

https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/input

Within the coming weeks, we will be updating the list of individuals we
are considering for each position as more individuals accept nominations.
All feedback provided to the NomCom about these individuals is kept
strictly confidential (as per RFC 3777). Your honest
feedback is very important to the NomCom process.

The open positions being considered by this year's NomCom can be found
at the end of this email or on the NomCom 2012-2013 website:

https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/

With the exception of publicly listing willing nominees, the
confidentiality requirements of RFC 3777 remain in effect.  All
feedback and NomCom deliberations will remain confidential and
will not be disclosed.

The NomCom appoints individuals to fill the open slots on the
IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG. This year, the NomCom willing be filling the
positions currently held by the following individuals, whose terms expire
in March 2013:

IAOC:
--------
Dave Crocker

IAB:
--------
Alissa Cooper
Joel Halpern
David Kessens
Danny McPherson
Jon Peterson
Dave Thaler

IESG:
--------
Russ Housley  (IETF Chair)
Pete Resnick  (Applications Area)
Ralph Droms  (Internet Area)
Ronald Bonica  (Operations and Management Area)
Robert Sparks  (Real-Time Applications and Infrastructure Area)
Adrian Farrel  (Routing Area)
Stephen Farrell  (Security Area)
Wesley Eddy  (Transport Area)

In addition to nominations, the Nominating Committee is actively
seeking community input on the jobs that need to be filled.  We have
received the job descriptions from the IAB, IESG, and IAOC and they can
be found at:

https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/iaoc-requirements
https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/iab-requirements
https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/chair-requirements
https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/iesg-requirements

However, we also need the community's views and input on the jobs
within each organization. If you have ideas on job responsibilities
(more, less, different), please let us know.  Please send suggestions
and feedback to [email-masked].

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees, and in providing
feedback about individuals we are considering for IETF leadership positions.

Matt Lepinski
[email-masked]