Subject: [websec] #51: Clarification of section 2.4

From: "websec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 21:22:36 -0000

#51: Clarification of section 2.4

 In 2.4, adding a phrase to the parenthetical comment in the big paragraph
 :

    If the connection has no errors, the UA will then apply a new
    correctness check: Pin Validation.  To perform Pin Validation, the UA
    will compute the fingerprints of the SPKI structures in each
    certificate in the host's validated certificate chain.  (The UA
    ignores certificates whose SPKI cannot be taken in isolation and
    superfluous certificates in the chain that do not form part
    of the validating chain.)  The UA will then check that the set of
    these fingerprints intersects the set of fingerprints in that host's
    Pinning Metadata.  If there is set intersection, the UA continues
    with the connection as normal.  Otherwise, the UA MUST treat this Pin
    Failure as a non-recoverable error.

-- 
-------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Tom Ritter   |      Owner:  draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning@…
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  key-pinning  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/websec/trac/ticket/51>
websec <http://tools.ietf.org/websec/>