Subject: Re: [websec] handling STS header field extendability

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:55:06 -0700

Thanks for the clarification Barry. Yes, this question is in response to Ben 
Campbell's review comment (which I was going to note, but you took care of it :)

 > "We need to decide on an IANA policy *or* explicitly decide that we
 > don't want to choose that now, and leave it to whoever creates the
 > registry later."

yes, that's a more accurate statement of the decision.

Either way is fine by me.

=JeffH

---

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:01:56 -0700

On 08/20/2012 10:55 AM, =JeffH wrote:> Thanks for the clarification Barry. Yes, 
this question is in response to Ben
 > Either way is fine by me.

Do we have a decision on this as yet?

thanks,

=JeffH

---

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 21:18:31 +0100

Hello dear websec fellows,

<hat="WG chair">
we have so far only very few comments regarding this. If you feel 
strongly either way, please say so ASAP, within the next 5 days (until 
Sep-1), otherwise we will have to go with the few comments we received 
to judge consensus based on them.

Thank you, Tobias

On 27/08/12 21:01, =JeffH wrote:
> On 08/20/2012 10:55 AM, =JeffH wrote:> Thanks for the clarification 
> Barry. Yes, this question is in response to Ben
> _______________________________________________
> websec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/websec

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 23:28:06 +0300

With no hats: let's not choose a policy for a registry that we are not setting up, especially since we're not even sure that it's ever going to be set up.

We can leave it to the first extension document to set up the registry and policy. If that document ever comes.

Yoav

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:12:54 -0700

> We can leave it to the first extension document to set up the registry and policy. If that document ever comes.

+1

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:37:19 +0100

> to judge consensus based on them.
<hat type="participant">

I don't have strong feelings either way. I don't believe we have many 
(if any at all) standardized extensions anyway.
If people believe that there would be extensions, I have a slight 
preference for picking an IANA policy now. Probably IETF review.