Subject: [websec] Fwd: NomCom 2012-13 Call for Volunteers

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 10:37:32 +0100

Hello websec fellows,
the NomCom process is very important for the function and governance of 
the IETF. Please volunteer if you are eligible.
Best regards, Tobias
(co-chair of websec)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *NomCom Chair*
Date: Friday, July 6, 2012
Subject: NomCom 2012-13 Call for Volunteers
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>>

The IETF nominating committee process for 2012-13 has begun. The IETF
nominating committee appoints folks to fill the open slots on the
IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG. The 10 nominating committee members are
selected randomly from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the
better chance we have of choosing a random yet representative cross
section of the IETF population.  The details of the operation of the
nomcom can be found in RFC 3777.

To be eligible, volunteers for the nomcom need to have attended 3 of
the past 5 IETF meetings as of the time this announcement goes out.
That is, 3 meetings from IETF 79 (Beijing) - IETF 83 (Paris). If you
qualify, and if you will not be seeking appointment to any of the open
positions that this nomcom will be filling, please consider
volunteering.

The list of people whose terms end with the March 2013 IETF meeting,
and thus the positions for which the nominating committee is
responsible for filling, are as follows:

IAOC:
--------
Dave Crocker

IAB:
--------
Alissa Cooper
Joel Halpern
David Kessens
Danny McPherson
Jon Peterson
Dave Thaler

IESG:
--------
Russ Housley (General Area)
Pete Resnick (Applications Area)
Ralph Droms (Internet Area)
Ronald Bonica (Operations and Management Area)
Robert Sparks (Real-Time Applications and Infrastructure Area)
Adrian Farrel (Routing Area)
Stephen Farrell (Security Area)
Wesley Eddy (Transport Area)

The primary activity for this nomcom will begin in August 2012 and
should be completed in January 2013. The nomcom will be collecting
requirements from the community, as well as talking to candidates and
obtaining feedback from community members about candidates. There will
be regularly scheduled conference calls to ensure progress. Thus,
being a nomcom member does require some time commitment.

Please volunteer by sending an email before 11:59 pm EDT (UTC - 4
hours) August 5, 2012 as follows:

To: [email-masked] <javascript:;>
Subject: Nomcom 2012-13 Volunteer

Please include the following information in the body:

<Your Full Name>  // As you enter in the IETF Registration Form,
                     // First/Given name followed by Last/Family Name
<Current Primary Affiliation>
                 // typically what goes in the Company field
                 //  in the IETF Registration Form
[<all email addresses used to Register for the past 5 IETF meetings>]
<Preferred email address>  //
<Telephone number>         // For confirmation if selected

Please expect an email response from me within 3 business days stating
whether or not you are qualified.  If you don't receive a response,
please re-send your email with the tag "RESEND:" added to the subject
line.

If you are not yet sure you would like to volunteer, please consider
that nomcom members play a very important role in shaping the
leadership of the IETF.  Ensuring the leadership of the IETF is fair
and balanced and comprised of those who can lead the IETF in the right
direction is an important responsibility that rests on the IETF
participants at large. Volunteering for the nomcom is a good way of
contributing toward that goal.

I will be publishing a more detailed timetable for nomcom activities,
as well as details of the randomness seeds to be used for the RFC 3797
selection process, within the next couple weeks.

Thank you,
Matthew Lepinski
[email-masked] <javascript:;>
[email-masked] <javascript:;>