Subject: Re: [websec] new rev: draft-ietf-websec-strict-transport-sec-07

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 09:05:46 -0700

> Nevermind all of that.  It looks like that's covered in RFC2616 Section 4.2.

yes, as well as Section 2 of [RFC2616], as noted in S 6.1 of 
-strict-transport-sec-07 (and prior revs)..

    The ABNF syntax for the STS header field is given below.  It is based
    on the Generic Grammar defined in Section 2 of [RFC2616] (which
    includes a notion of "implied linear whitespace", also known as
    "implied *LWS").

HTH,

=JeffH

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 19:21:02 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: =JeffH [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 9:06 AM
> To: Murray S. Kucherawy
> Cc: IETF WebSec WG
> Subject: Re: [websec] new rev: draft-ietf-websec-strict-transport-sec-07
> 

Yep, mea culpa, although I suspect I won't be the last person to run into this given all of my ABNF work to date doesn't include this special context.

-MSK