Subject: [websec] #43: HSTS: cite draft-reschke-http-status-308 and mention HTTP status code 308 ?

From: "websec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:47:32 -0000

#43: HSTS: cite draft-reschke-http-status-308 and mention HTTP status code 308 ?

 [ this issue is forked from
 http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/websec/trac/ticket/40 ]

 > https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/websec/current/msg01108.html
 StPeter
 <snip/>
 >
 > Section 7.2
 >
 > Does is make sense to mention that status code 308 might be
 > appropriate in certain circumstances? See draft-reschke-http-status-308.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-websec-strict-transport-
  jeff.hodges@…          |  sec@…
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |  Milestone:
Component:  strict-      |    Version:
  transport-sec          |   Keywords:
 Severity:  In WG Last   |
  Call                   |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/websec/trac/ticket/43>
websec <http://tools.ietf.org/websec/>

---

From: "websec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:19:20 -0000

Comment (by julian.reschke@…):

 In a perfect world yes :-) But 308 is new, experimental, not well
 supported, and introduces an indirect dependency on HTTPbis.

 Proposal: rephrase the normative requirement so that sending 308 instead
 of 301 is *possible* (say "permanent redirect", and list 301 as example).

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-websec-strict-
  jeff.hodges@…          |  transport-sec@…
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:
Component:  strict-      |     Version:
  transport-sec          |  Resolution:
 Severity:  In WG Last   |
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/websec/trac/ticket/43#comment:1>
websec <http://tools.ietf.org/websec/>