Subject: [websec] WG Last Call on draft-ietf-websec-origin-02 until Aug-15

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:38:04 +0100

Hello dear websec fellows,

after reading the feedback and the update on the origin draft, I have 
the impression that the draft is in good shape and like to ask for WG 
Last Call for this document:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-websec-origin-02

As we are close to the IETF meeting in Quebec, this last call will be 
extended to four weeks and _*close on August-15.*_ Please make a last 
careful review of the draft and submit comments, questions and discuss 
items for this draft ASAP. If you perceive any major issues, it might 
also make sense to raise them during our meeting in Quebec on July-25.

Kind regards and thank you,

Tobias
chair of websec

Tobias Gondrom
email: [email-masked]
mobile: +447521003005

---

From: Chris Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:17:46 -0700

Under the definition of an "idna-canonicalized" host name in section 
2.3, step 2 - is it known that the reader will handle NR-LDH and 
A-labels as locale-insensitive ASCII, or should it be explicitly stated 
that the lower-case conversion in step "2" should be locale-insensitive, 
or use English as the locale?

Otherwise even with ASCII input a lower-case operation could result in a 
U+0049 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I becoming U+0131 LATIN SMALL LETTER DOTLESS 
I under the Turkish "tr-TR" locale.

Best regards,
Chris

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:27:35 -0700

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Chris Weber <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Under the definition of an "idna-canonicalized" host name in section 2.3,
> step 2 - is it known that the reader will handle NR-LDH and A-labels as
> locale-insensitive ASCII, or should it be explicitly stated that the
> lower-case conversion in step "2" should be locale-insensitive, or use
> English as the locale?
>
> U+0049 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I becoming U+0131 LATIN SMALL LETTER DOTLESS I
> under the Turkish "tr-TR" locale.

I've added a reference to i;ascii-casemap, defined in RFC4790.
Hopefully that is unambiguous.

Thanks,
Adam