Subject: [websec] #6: cite FireSheep as real-life threat HSTS addresses

From: "websec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 22:18:51 -0000

#6: cite FireSheep as real-life threat HSTS addresses

 cite FireSheep as real-life threat HSTS addresses, in response to this
 query:

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hasmat/current/msg00074.html

 Subject: [HASMAT] HSTS Threat prevalence
 From: Devdatta Akhawe <[email-masked]>
 Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:36:12 -0700
 To: IETF HASMAT list <[email-masked]>

 Hi all

 The HSTS specification talks about possible attacks that could be
 prevented by the use of HSTS. Do we have any data that suggests these
 attacks are actually a concern / being used by attackers anywhere ? I
 couldn't find any citation to this effect in the specification.

-- 
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  jeff.hodges@…                  |       Owner:  =JeffH
     Type:  defect                         |      Status:  new   
 Priority:  major                          |   Milestone:        
Component:  strict-transport-sec           |     Version:        
 Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:        
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/websec/trac/ticket/6>
websec <http://tools.ietf.org/websec/>