Subject: [websec] Public Suffix definition

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:17:34 +0200

Hi,

This draft, which tries to define the term "Public Suffix", as used in  
cookies and document.domain, and elsewhere, may be of interest to the  
websec group.

<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-08.txt>
-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen

********************************************************************
Senior Developer                     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01
********************************************************************

---

From: Gervase Markham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:41:00 -0700

> <http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-08.txt>

Hi Yngve,

Do you have a script which converts from the currently-standard format
at publicsuffix.org to the proposed new format?

This would help people understand the relationship between the two, as
well as confirming that the new format can hold all the information in
the old one.

Gerv

---

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:59:32 +0200

> at publicsuffix.org to the proposed new format?

Not in a public location, at present, sorry.

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen

---

From: Gervase Markham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:38:58 -0700

> Not in a public location, at present, sorry.

I think that would be helpful for people to evaluate your proposal.

Gerv