Subject: [Webpush] RFC 8291 on Message Encryption for Web Push

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:40:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8291

        Title:      Message Encryption for Web Push 
        Author:     M. Thomson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 25780
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-webpush-encryption-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8291

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8291

This document describes a message encryption scheme for the Web Push
protocol.  This scheme provides confidentiality and integrity for
messages sent from an application server to a user agent.

This document is a product of the Web-Based Push Notifications Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC