Subject: [Webpush] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-webpush-encryption-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 02:57:24 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-webpush-encryption-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-webpush-encryption/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a fine document. One nit:

4.  Restrictions on Use of "aes128gcm" Content Coding

   An Application Server MUST encrypt a push message with a single
   record.  This allows for a minimal receiver implementation that
   handles a single record.  An application server MUST set the "rs"
   parameter in the "aes128gcm" content coding header to a size that is
   greater than the some of the length of the plaintext, the padding

s/some/sum ?

   delimiter (1 octet), any padding, and the authentication tag (16
   octets).

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 20:12:27 +1000

> s/some/sum ?

This was already fixed in the editor's copy.  It's been a while since
these went to the various directorates and they caught that one for
us.