Subject: [Webpush] Updated webpush issues and github 'process'

From: Brian Raymor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 20:24:54 +0000

I have updated the webpush issue tracker - https://github.com/webpush-wg/webpush-protocol/issues - based on the IETF93 discussions and open issues on the mailing list. Please let me know if you have questions (or your favorite issue is missing).

As Shida presented at IETF93, webpush is using github to organize our work. Earlier, the TLS WG offered some excellent github guidance - http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg12149.html - that I've modified for webpush:

- The editor will maintain the editor's draft on github in the
  following repository: https://github.com/webpush-wg/webpush-protocol

- Technical changes can be submitted as pull requests and are subject
  to the usual WG consensus process before being merged. No
  substantive technical discussion should occur in github. If you
  cannot submit a pull request, you can send text directly to the list
  but pull requests are preferred for tracking purposes. The editor
  may also be tasked by the WG to make technical changes directly,
  based on WG consensus.

- Editorial changes should be submitted as pull requests and the
  editor may just merge them directly and/or commit editorial changes
  directly as needed.

- If you believe a change has been committed inappropriately, either
  note this on the list/chairs/editor or if the change is minor,
  submit your own pull request to back it out.

- Revisions will be submitted as internet drafts regularly, and be
  tagged (see process in [1]).  We still maintain a manual change log
  for major issues, but the commit history is used as a more detailed
  record.

- The git issue tracker will be used to manage outstanding issues,
  but as above, any substantive discussion should happen on-list.

[1] https://github.com/webpush-wg/webpush-protocol/blob/master/SUBMITTING.md