Subject: [Webpush] WebLink headers

From: Daniel Bevenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:48:50 +0100

Hi,

reading section 4 of the spec [1], I'm wondering what are the correct
headers to be returned from a successful registration. The section has the
following sentence:

"These URIs are included in link relations [RFC5988] that are included in
Link header fields in the response."

I interpreted that as to mean that there would be two Link headers, one of
type "...:push:monitor", and one of type "...:push:channel" in the response.

But a few lines down in the same section it says:
"The push server includes the "monitor" link relation in a Location header
field."

Is it correct that there should only be one Link header, and one Location
header both containing a WebLink? For example:
location: <webpush/registrationId/monitor>;rel="push:monitor"
link: <webpush/registrationId/channel>;rel="push:channel",

One last question about the relation type in the spec. What do the dots in
 "...:push:monitor" represent? Is it that anything can be added there or
does it mean that it has simply not been defined yet?

Thanks,

/Daniel

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-webpush-http2-01#section-4

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 21:38:41 -1000

> link: <webpush/registrationId/channel>;rel="push:channel",

Two Link, one Location.  Same URI in two places:

location: webpush/registrationId/monitor
link: <webpush/registrationId/channel>;rel="push:channel",
   <webpush/registrationId/monitor>;rel="push:monitor",

(The second link is optional I guess.)

> "...:push:monitor" represent? Is it that anything can be added there or does
> it mean that it has simply not been defined yet?

Not defined yet.  Registering a URN is a time-consuming process
(mostly, it's just lots of typing, it's not hard).  I was lazy.