Subject: [video-codec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netvc-requirements-09.txt> (<Video Codec Requirements and Evaluation Methodology>) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 06:17:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Video Codec WG (netvc) to
consider the following document: - '<Video Codec Requirements and Evaluation
Methodology>'
  <draft-ietf-netvc-requirements-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-06-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides requirements for a video codec designed
   mainly for use over the Internet. In addition, this document
   describes an evaluation methodology needed for measuring the
   compression efficiency to ensure whether the stated requirements are
   fulfilled or not.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netvc-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netvc-requirements/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.