Subject: [video-codec] NHW Project - new -l12 very high compression quality setting

From: Raphael Canut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 13:41:28 +0100

Hi,

I have just released a new -l12 very high compression quality setting and I
wanted to share it with this channel, as else it is very difficult for my
work to reach the industry.

This new -l12 very high compression quality setting is very competitive
with x265 (HEVC) because it has more neatness, and I find it visually more
pleasant.

We can also still save 2.5KB in average per .nhw file, and maybe we can
save more... Because I base that number on the paq8px compressor, when I
compress the .nhw files with paq8px I can save in average 2.5KB per .nhw
file, but this is with the general compression and maybe we can save more
with specialized compression...

I would be also interested to have your opinion if you think there is a
place for another codec beside AOM AV1 and MPEG HEVC,VVC? Or definitely not?

Many thanks again for your time!
Best regards,
Raphael Canut