Subject: [video-codec] NHW Project - extreme compression & quality improvements

From: Raphael Canut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 22:25:04 +0100

Hi,

Very sorry for disturbing you, but for those interested who follow my work,
I have finally coded "extreme" compression for the NHW Project that is
competitive with HEVC.

I have also first really improved quality of the -l13 and -14 very high
compression quality settings, and so these settings are better.

I have started to code a -l15 "extreme" compression quality setting.I have
tested it on 15 rather good quality images and I find it competitive with
x265 (HEVC).

We can still save 2.5KB per .nhw compressed files.

More at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

Finally, I think I prefer coding extreme compression quality settings and
improving quality rather than adapting the NHW Project to any image
size.For those who would like to use the NHW Project on any image size and
have a professional use, and not a demo version, it would be so great if
you could sponsor me to develop the NHW Project (like adapting it to any
image size).

Again if you are interested in the free open-source NHW Project, do not
hesitate to contact me, as I am actively searching for a company interested
in the project.

I will also try now to not abuse of this list and post only when there are
major improvements and not few ones.

Many thanks for your time!
Cheers,
Raphael Canut