Subject: [video-codec] NHW Project - new -l13 very high compression quality setting - very competitive

From: Raphael Canut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2018 18:58:28 +0100

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that I have released a new -l13 very high
compression quality setting for the NHW Project (and we can still save
2.5KB per .nhw compressed file).

I find this -l13 quality setting very competitive (I will maybe use some of
its processing to improve -l12 setting).Compared to x265 (HEVC), I have
tested on 15 rather good quality images, and I visually prefer the results
of the NHW Project because it has more neatness.

Some technical details for this setting, I wash out details even more and
on the other hand I use these bits to still maintain a good
neatness/sharpness for edges/contours.

More at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

Also, as the nhw decoder is very fast, I could add to it a post-processing
function that will detect and remove aliasing (as the NHW Project can have
aliasing), but it is not that easy to detect and only detect aliasing...
Any suggestion would be very welcome!

Again I would be really interested in any opinion on this -l13 very high
compression quality setting that I find very competitive!

Many thanks for your time!
Cheers,
Raphael Canut