Subject: [video-codec] NHW Project - New Release 0.1.5

From: Raphael Canut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 18:14:10 +0100

Hello,

I wanted to let the professional people of this list know that I have
released a new version 0.1.5 of the NHW Project.

I have added very high compression (-l9 and -l10 quality settings).With
-l10 setting, we're notably entering very high compression, and the NHW
Project has still a very good neatness, and I still find it visually more
pleasant than x265 (HEVC).The NHW Project is also still a lot faster to
encode/decode than x265 (optimized HEVC), and the new entropy coding
schemes are still not totally optimal for now (I have the fast ideas to
improve them), and so we can save 2KB-2.5KB per .nhw compressed file.

This is a constant, with this new version 0.1.5, the NHW Project has a good
neatness/image quality from high quality (-h3 setting) to very high
compression (-l10 setting).I have also released for this new version, a NHW
neatness metrics, that measures neatness of image, and that shows that the
NHW Project has more neatness than x265 (HEVC) for example.

More at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/ .

Also I am looking to turn the NHW Project into a full video codec in order
to submit to the Alliance for Open Media, MPEG new video coding
standard,... but it lacks to my codec the inter-frame mechanism.Would some
of the companies on this list be interested to add an inter-frame engine to
the NHW Project to make a new very competitive video codec (high
efficiency/quality, royalty-free, very fast)?

Many thanks!
Best regards,
Raphael Canut