Subject: [video-codec] NHW Project - new very high compression quality setting

From: Raphael Canut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 17:00:16 +0100

Hi,

Just a quick message, as there seems to be interested people on this list,
I have added a new -l11 very high compression quality setting to the NHW
Project (and I still don't have touched the entropy coding schemes, and so
we can still save 2KB-2.5KB per .nhw compressed file).

This new quality setting is quite competitive because it still maintains a
good level of neatness, even at these very high compression ratios.For
example, I have compared this -l11 very high compression setting with x265
(HEVC) on rather good quality images, and I visually prefer the results of
the NHW Project because it has more neatness, even at these very high
compression ratios!!! Furthermore, with a good level of optimization
(multithreading, SIMD) the NHW Project is at least 50x faster to encode and
at least 15x faster to decode than x265 (optimized HEVC), and is still
royalty-free!

More at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

This past year, the NHW Project has a lot improved and can be interesting
now.If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me, would be
great.

Many thanks for your time!
Cheers,
Raphael Canut