Subject: [video-codec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01.txt

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 19:56:09 -0400

Here's a new version of the deringing filter draft, including an update
for the integration in the AOM video codec.

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01.txt
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:37:26 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jean-Marc Valin and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-valin-netvc-deringing
Revision:	01
Title:		Directional Deringing Filter
Document date:	2016-03-21
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		8
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-valin-netvc-deringing/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01

Abstract:
   This document describes a deringing filter that takes into account
   the direction of edges and patterns being filtered.  The filter works
   by identifying the direction of each block and then adaptively
   filtering along the identified direction.  In a second pass, the
   blocks are also filtered in a different direction, with more
   conservative thresholds to avoid blurring edges.  The proposed
   deringing filter is shown to improve the quality of both Daala and
   the Alliance for Open Media (AOM) video codec.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat