Subject: [video-codec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-valin-netvc-deringing-00.txt

From: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 12:50:29 -0400

Hi,

Just submitted the following draft describing a deringing filter. It's
implemented in Daala, but should be applicable to any other video codec.

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-valin-netvc-deringing-00.txt
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:59:48 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Jean-Marc Valin <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-valin-netvc-deringing-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jean-Marc Valin and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-valin-netvc-deringing
Revision:	00
Title:		Directional Deringing Filter
Document date:	2015-10-19
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		7
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-valin-netvc-deringing-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-valin-netvc-deringing/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-valin-netvc-deringing-00

Abstract:
   This document describes a deringing filter that takes into account
   the direction of edges and patterns being filtered.  The filter works
   by identifying the direction of each block and then adaptively
   filtering along the identified direction.  In a second pass, the
   blocks are also filtered in a different direction, with more
   conservative thresholds to avoid blurring edges.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat